Sunday, June 19, 2011

So Grateful

I have just been thinking lately about how my life is so full. Both in the stressful way, that sends me into anxiety mode, but also in the way where I have everything I need. It reminds me of that Raffi song. "All I really need is a song in my heart, food in my belly, love in my family." I have those things, and more. It's raining outside, and it's a beautiful sound that reminds me of my days in Kirkland, Washington. Micah is sleeping, and Eloise is lying next to him not sleeping, but making cute noises. I have this amazing little family, where I get to be the mother. And I have an amazing big family where I get to be a daughter, granddaughter, cousin, and niece. I have been struggling with my anxiety again in a way that I haven't in a while. Every little thing feels like an enormous deal. Every thing feels like the end of the world. Everything feels overwhelming. But when I step back and take a look at everything I have, and get to be a part of, I feel peace. My favorite scripture verses for times like these is John 14:27. "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I have an exceptional husband, who is a great father. I have a great father, who has always been there for me. This Father's Day, I am truly grateful for my life and the people in it.

Thank you for reading my kind of sappy post. I love you all.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! What a great post. Happy Father's Day to Micah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. you will know what is best for you. You have a good husband and a beautiful baby. Things will work out

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I loved having you in Kirkland, and those are beautiful memories for me. I'm glad you have some good thoughts about that time.

    Hang in there! I love you.

    ReplyDelete